Our Physical Therapy department is comprised of New York State licensed professionals with extensive knowledge and training in anatomy, physiology, and the biomechanics of the body. They know how to help you get out of pain and back in action. Our therapists use a hands-on approach in conjunction with specific modalities as needed. The most commonly used therapeutic procedures/modalities are:
- Manual (hands-on) Therapy: Consists of myofascial release techniques, stretching of restricted structures and specific strengthening of weak muscles, soft tissue and joint mobilization/ manipulation, muscle energy and Mulligan techniques. They help restore your back, neck, or other painful areas to the youthful pain-free resilience.
- Pain Management: Use of moist heat, cryotherapy, ultrasound, phonophoresis, Iontophoresis, and massage.
- Therapeutic Exercises: Customized for each condition including strengthening, stabilizing, and stretching restricted structures to restore normal pain-free range of motion. The exercises improve movement and proper muscle balance.
- Postural Corrections: This addresses behavior modification, postural exercise, and self-awareness. We concentrate on correcting musculoskeletal derangements.
- Home Management Program: A short and detailed home exercise program corresponding to the appropriate stage of condition, including the dos and don’ts of self-management.
For more information or to schedule an appointment give us a call at 212.986.3888 or visit us online at http://spineandsports.com