Sugary Drinks: sodas, energy drinks, sports drinks, fruit drinks and sweetened bottled waters.
- Sugary drinks are linked to obesity and Type 2 diabetes
- 25% of of people in the US consume over 200 calories/day from sugary beverages
- People ages 20-39 that drink sugary drinks consume on average 336 calories/day (2-3 cans of soda)
- Teens drinking sugary drinks are drinking on average 327 calories/day
- Sugary drinks account for almost half of all added sugars people consume
- Substitute sugary drinks with water and the occasional glass of milk. Feed your sweet tooth with fresh and natural fruit and vegetable juices. Diet soda is not a good substitute and will not help you lose weight.